Jobba hos oss - Kom och bygg framtidens bank hos oss i Solna!
Vi lever vårt varumärke genom att ha en kultur som genomsyras av våra värdeord – Simple, Personal and Fair. De är nyckeln till hur vi blir det självklara valet för våra kunder och den bästa arbetsplatsen för våra anställda.
Vill du bli en av oss?Se våra lediga tjänster.
Entry level/Graduate career opportunity with one of Europe’s leading Banks!
Would you like to start your career in one of Europe’s largest financial institutions? Do you want to learn how we manage and control financial and non-financial risks?
Then join our Risk department in Santander Consumer Bank Nordics! We are over 110 professionals working across Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Denmark, and we are responsible for the Bank's risk matters, ranging from Credit Risk, Market & Capital Risk, Risk Infrastructure & Advanced Analytics to Non-Financial Risk and Enterprise Risk Management.
We offer an immersive 12-month assignment, where you will have a wide array of prospects, including:
- Wide-ranging personal and professional development opportunities in various roles across the Risk organization, discovering several facets of Risk management
- Comprehensive on-the-job training with exposure to an exciting work environment, where you can apply your knowledge in practice with the support of an experienced team
- Build relationships that will influence your entire career
- Be part of an international consumer finance business and a rewarding, international fast-paced work environment
- Wide range of social and sports activities to be part of and have fun at work
- Opportunity to transfer into a permanent role
Kundekonsulent - Disbursement Auto team
Bli en del av vårt engageret og inspirerende team hos Santander!
Hos Santander ser vi etter ekstraordinære mennesker som ikke bare er dyktige, men som også bringer noe eget til bordet. Vi søker deg med glimt i øyet, en god dose humor, en fremoverlent holdning og en dynamisk personlighet. Hvis du trives i et energisk miljø og har lyst til å gjøre en forskjell, er dette din mulighet til å skinne!
Vi er på jakt etter engasjerte og ambisiøse kundekonsulenter til vårt Disbursement Auto team. Som en ledende aktør innen finansiering av bil og fritidsprodukter, er vi opptatt av å bygge et team av unike profesjonelle som ønsker å bli en del av et lave skuldre - høyt under taket arbeidsmiljø. Sammen vil vi fortsette å styrke Santander sin posisjon som nummer 1 innen vår bransje, og du kan være med på reisen!
Som en del av vårt Disbursement Auto team vil du ha en sentral rolle i å bistå våre kunder og samarbeidspartnere. Dine hovedoppgaver vil inkludere:
- Nøyaktig kontroll av låne- og leasingdokumenter: Du vil være ansvarlig for å sikre at alle dokumenter er korrekte og i samsvar med våre retningslinjer
- Sterk tallforståelse: Du vil analysere tall og data for å sikre at alt er i samsvar med våre krav og policy
- Rask problemløsning: Du vil være en nøkkelperson i å løse utfordringer eller avvik i dokumentasjonen
- Effektiv kommunikasjon: Du sjonglerer kommunikasjon både via epost og telefon med letthet for å avklare eventuelle spørsmål
Vi søker deg som forstår kundens og forhandlerens behov samtidig som du sørger for at Santander er deres førstevalg for finansieringsforespørsler. Dine egenskaper inkluderer:
- Bidra til å etablere en sikker portefølje: Din evne til å oppdage feil og sikre at tallene stemmer vil være avgjørende for vår suksess
- Sikre rask gjennomgang: Din effektive tilnærming vil hjelpe oss med å holde prosessen flytende og effektiv
- Klare kommunikasjonsevner: Din evne til å kommunisere klart og tydelig vil hjelpe teamet vårt med å løse utfordringer raskt
Med din entusiasme og en vennlig dose humor vil du:
- Gjøre våre forhandlere enda mer fornøyde ved å tilby fantastisk service
- Bidra til vårt høye servicenivå ved å håndtere forespørsler på en profesjonell og hyggelig måte
- Vise fremragende muntlige og skriftlige kommunikasjonsevner, samt gode engelsk kunnskaper
- Være en positiv kraft i vårt team og hjelpe oss med å spre glede og engasjement
- Holde hodet kaldt i perioder med stor arbeidsmengde og tidspress
- Se det som ditt eget ansvar å tilegne deg ny kunnskap samt engasjere deg i teamets utvikling
- Være effektiv og ha et sunt konkurranseinstinkt samtidig som at du gjerne opptrer som en sparringspartner for dine kollegaer
- Fast stilling i et solid internasjonalt selskap med svært gode resultater.
- En bedriftskultur som er uformell, samtidig profesjonell og dynamisk. Det er korte beslutningslinjer og gode muligheter for påvirkning.
Et arbeidsmiljø som er godt med kunnskapsrike, engasjerte og hyggelige kollegaer som hver dag gir «det lille ekstra».
Arbeidstid: Dagtid (08.00-16.00)
For mer informasjon om stillingen, vennligst kontakt Line Alexandra Skaarberg-Herde, Team Leader BO & Disbursement Auto.
Nordic Head of HR Operations
We have already transformed 4 HR-operations into One, even though a few steps remain. We are looking for someone guiding us into the next leap, hereby how to advance on AI together with our brilliant colleagues worldwide, always with our people and key deliveries in sight.
As the Head of HR Operations, you will play a critical role in overseeing and enhancing the HR operations function of our organization. You will lead an experienced team of specialists within payroll, HR services, HR technology, Compensation & Benefits and HR governance.
You will be responsible for managing HR processes, policies, and programs that support our workforce while ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements. This role requires strategic thinking, strong leadership skills, and the ability to drive HR initiatives that align with the company's overall business objectives.
Lead and mentor the HR team, providing guidance and support for their professional growth
Develop our HR Operations to be cost efficient and accurate. Hereby leading implementations of HR tech
Optimize the benefits of belonging to One Global HR Operating model
Secure our HR-operation is compliant to GDPR
Secure availability of data for decision making
Secure updated personnel handbooks and internal information for HR cycles
Secure that we are compliant to HR policies
Align and maintain our Compensation & Benefits framework, models and vendors
Senior Risk Management Information Analyst
Do you enjoy working with data, have an analytical mindset and are interested in collaborating in an international team towards excellence in risk reporting using IFRS9 (loan losses)? Then this job is a must see!
The Risk Management Information Analyst is a role in the Enterprise Risk Management department. You will be working in a vital area of Santander's risk strategy where your daily job will involve collaboration across the different departments inside Risk as well as with other functions outside Risk, such as Finance, Collections, IT and HQ.
You will be part of a friendly, collaborative and supportive team where your area of responsibility will include extracting and working with data, analysing, and reporting: month close, consolidation, budgeting and forecasting across the Nordic countries.
Data will be a key part of your work as it is an essential part of all risk processes to identify, measure and mitigate risks inherent to our core business activities.
- Ownership and delivery of Nordic risk reporting, analytics and consolidation: period closing, forecasting and budgeting processes (monthly, annually, ad-hoc)
- Data analytics and use of BI tools for reporting automation
- Preparation and performance of periodical and ad-hoc variance- and performance analysis for reporting to relevant stakeholders, including management, HQ and auditors
- Developing common, documented, best practice ways of working for closing and forecasting processes
- Seeking, analysing, and solving delivery and sourcing challenges in a common way and working with teams to build on the future common data infrastructure
- Working together with Risk and Business Units regarding IFRS9 loan losses and ad hoc projects
Product Development Manager
Who we are
We are a Nordic team of 7 persons who belong to Financial Management. We have team members in Lysaker, Stavanger, Copenhagen, and Stockholm. The Deposits team is responsible for managing an +85 BN NOK portfolio, which provides the Bank with its largest source of funding. Deposits funding is expected to grow in significance as the Bank’s dominant source of funding. We currently have Deposits in Norway, Sweden and Denmark.
The Deposits function is responsible for all aspects of the Deposits business. These areas encompass a wide range of deliveries, including product development, volume growth and cost management, customer experience, partnering on Marketing/CRM campaigns and ensuring compliance with new regulations.
Success for us, is to deliver great customer experience and attractive funding for the bank. The Customer experience should be frictionless, seamless and reliable 24/7.
About the role:
The role of Product Development Manager plays a central role on the team, with the responsibility to drive new initiatives that will create long-term value and growth for Deposits. These initiatives include both new products and services, as well as finding opportunities to optimize our existing platform. As the Bank operates in 3 different Deposits markets, ensuring simplification and harmonization of our products and services across countries is key to achieving efficiency and providing the best offerings to our customers.
The role will require partnering with internal teams, external partners and providers, as well as within the Deposits team itself. The Product Development Manager is the owner of the roadmap planning and the primary driver for ensuring Deposits initiatives are prioritized.
The role is Nordic and product development will take place in all countries where Deposits in the Nordics operates. Some travelling is expected.
Leadership & Advocacy
- Ensure strong and timely communication with internal and external partners and stakeholders
- Lead the Product Development process from implementation to full launch, ensuring stakeholders are on board and all relevant process steps are completed
Product & process Ownership
- Ensure products and services are implemented in a way that make them competitive, profitable and compliant
- Ensure simplification and alignment of products, processes and systems
- Ensure exceptional user experiences and fully automated solutions
- Lead roadmaps planning and prioritize backlogs and sprints
- Deliver business value through the implementation of improved or new features / services / products in close collaboration with Product Managers and cross functional team
- Coordination of development projects, including internal approval processes
- Lead the product development through all relevant internal and external approval processes including prioritization
- Develop material required for internal approvals, including a business plan detailing costing/forecasts/profitability
- Lead, communicate and coordinate between functions, markets and partners to ensure efficiency and scalability
- Writing requirements, epics and user stories to prepare backlog
- Develop prototypes and conduct user testing and experiments to collect market / customer insight and ensure excellent user experience
- Support with test scenarios, test data and testing of changes or new product/service introductions
- Ensure decisions are made with insight (data + qualitative) and in-line with the banks risk appetite and profitability requirements
- Ensure proper handover to business and IT functions where relevant
- Act as agile “product owner” for one or several agile development teams working within your product area
Value Stream Manager
Are you passionate about creating new improved agile processes? Do you believe in team efforts and get motivated by the best of breed technology? If yes, you could be our new Value Stream Manager.
- Foster cross-value stream coordination and collaboration to help drive continual improvement.
- Drive multiple release planning sessions
- Resolve impediments outside of a scrum master’s span of influence
- Escalate impediments and help manage risk.
- Engage with business stakeholders to configure agile processes to the organization’s needs.
- Provide leadership, direction and coaching to scrum teams and scrum masters
- Foster an environment that anticipates and acts upon potential threats or opportunities
- Maintain metrics that provide visibility to stakeholders on program-level plans, progress and quality
- Assess the costs and potential benefits of new approaches to release management
- Align strategy, methodology and execution
- Ensure agreed quality standards, and that best practices are promulgated throughout the organization
- Help develop and maintain a strong culture of continuous improvement, innovation and teamwork within the team.
Who are we looking for:
This role is a good match for you if you you are passionate about Agile Scrum methodologies, enjoy working in a collaborative team environment, and are dedicated to delivering high-quality products.
Your experience and qualifications:
- Trade certification preferred (e.g., scaled agile program consultant, scrum master)
- Experience with Kanban/software development life -cycle
- Deep and broad knowledge of fundamental IT technical skill sets
- Minimum five years’ overall IT experience
- Minimum two years’ experience as a scrum master, product owner or agile coach
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field
- Design practices, processes, procedures and systems to manage work simply
- Convey complex and technical issues to diverse audiences
- Combine and organizes information into meaningful patterns, and combines pieces of information to form conclusions or general rules
- Convey complex and technical issues to diverse audiences
- Best practice and continuous improvement mindset
- Thrive with coaching others
- Ability to create trust across functions and teams
What we offer:
- An opportunity to work in a large, high-performing international company, in a dynamic environment that is constantly changing
- A corporate culture that is professional and dynamic, yet informal. Bureaucracy is kept to a minimum, as we expect our skilled employees to make long lasting and impactful decisions to shape our future.
- Highly competent, dedicated, and friendly co-workers with strong collaboration across the Nordics
If you have the right profile and enthusiasm, please submit your application and CV as soon as possible, but no later than 08.10.2023. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Claus Mönniche, email: email@example.com
A Governance, Reporting, and Controls (Governance) Specialist has a critical role in helping Santander Consumer Bank to fulfil its legal and regulatory obligations when it comes to Anti-Money Laundering (AML) activities. Santander recognizes its responsibility to ensure that Bank activities are compliant with the law at any given time, in order to protect its shareholders, customers, partners, employees, and reputation.
One of the major responsibilities of a Governance Specialist will be defining, establishing and enforcing governance, methodology, procedures & frameworks across AML Office.
A Governance Specialist in cooperation with the rest of the teams in AML Office, Due Diligence and Compliance will define, develop and continuously improve quality assurance procedures and controls. This is crucial to ensure constant development of AML & Fraud functions within the Bank and be in line with rapidly changing regulatory environment.
Additionally, Governance specialists will provide active advisory support for the rest of the Bank – projects, establishment of new products and changes to existing products.
Methodology, Procedures & Framework
Define and implement procedures and frameworks for AML Office
Establish key KPIs for AML Office to be able to follow improvement of AML & Fraud functions
Keep track of regulatory changes and continuously review business practices to ensure it is in line with the changes
Perform ongoing maintenance of AML policies and procedures to secure alignment with the HQ requirements
Quality Assurance & Controls
Cooperate with Internal Audit, Compliance to implement controls that adhere to international and local banking regulations across the organization and perform tests to ensure that they are set up correctly
Perform random sampling on all CDD, Transaction Monitoring, and On-Boarding functions to ensure SCB is completing these tasks according to regulatory standards and internal policies
Reporting & Risk assessments
Develop common reporting templates for local, Nordic, HQ and where possible external entities.
Serve as the main point of contact to internal and external parties when it comes to reporting and risk assessments.
Operational Risk, advisory and stakeholder management
Serve as Operational risk responsible for AML Office and participate in ORC network within the Bank.
Actively participate and advice on AML & Fraud related matters in projects, initiatives and new product development in the Bank.
Nordic Process Specialist, Collection
The Nordic Process Specialist, Collection has overall responsibility of understanding Collections internal processes and systems used throughout the Nordics, consequently acting as a subject matter expert on those areas. The Nordic Collection Process Specialist within Country Execution represents a key role in different development initiatives in the bank, providing those with relevant insights and expertise about functionalities and dependencies of core banking systems in connection with processes related to Collections.
The Nordic Collection Process Specialist is primary responsible for defining the development needs and formulating those into technical/system specific demands, as well as managing Change Requests initiated by Collections linked to the system changes in core banking systems at Nordic level.
The Collection Process Specialist is also responsible for testing activities performed in core banking systems and Collections tools integrated with core banking systems for all Nordic countries, specifically in relation to new product launches and core banking system upgrades.
The Collection Process Specialist manages his/her work independently and provides co-training and support to whole Collection function, Core Banking teams, Operations, Finance and Risk departments and other stakeholders.
- Lead/support Country Execution forums
- Create and coordinate Change Requests needed in core banking systems
- Responsible for implementation of the Collection development initiatives
- IT, Operations and Data Management coordination
- Driving and supporting Country Execution/Collection when implementing new tools and platforms
- Create digital and innovation initiatives within Country Execution
- Collaboration with stakeholders
- Overall monitoring and follow up of the tasks being involved in
- Define and maintain an efficient and compliant process for testing and test data
- All other activities performed in Collections according to local practice and instructions set by Head of Country Execution
Developments and core banking systems
- Core banking systems developments linked to Collection
- Collections systems & tools for Country Execution
- IT developments coordination (channels, campaigns, data)
- Design of tests and controls
- Work closely with Country Execution teams to develop and understand their needs, processes and system functionality
Voit jättää meille avoimen hakemuksen. Olemme sinuun yhteydessä, mikäli meillä aukeaa osaamistasi vastaava tehtävä.
Våra åtta värdegrunder
Vi visar respekt och behandlar andra så som vi själva vill bli behandlade. Vi bekräftar och uppskattar våra olikheter.
Lyssnar på riktigt
Vi lyssnar och visar empati för att förstå andras behov.
Vi talar klarspråk, agerar konstruktivt och kan anpassa oss till andra.
Håller våra löften
Vi håller våra löften och är konsekventa i allt vi gör.
Vi uppmuntrar aktivt till samarbete för att hitta den bästa lösningen för kunder och kollegor.
Vi tillför passion, ger energi och gör vårt bästa för att förtjäna lojalitet från kunder och kollegor.
Vi stöttar människor i deras utveckling, ger feedback och visar uppskattning för deras insats.
Vi välkomnar förändring, bidrar med innovativa lösningar och lär av misstag.
Nyrenoverat kontor i Solna Strand nära T-bana, pendel och bussar
I våra nyrenoverade lokaler har vi tillgång till gym och pool och varje vecka erbjuds de anställda att delta i olika träningsaktiviteter som t ex yoga, crossfit, löpteknik m.m.
En nordisk bank med spanska rötter
Vi tillhör den globala koncernen Banco Santander som har 144 miljoner kunder och över 200 000 anställda i 45 länder. En halv miljon kunder i Sverige och på kontoret i Solna jobbar över 400 engagerade medarbetare med att skapa en enkel, personlig och pålitlig bank.